First Man Festival
Join the team from Go Stargazing for this family friendly weekend festival celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first Apollo moon landing…
On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first stepped on the surface of the moon marking perhaps mankind’s greatest achievement thus far and sparking the hopes, dreams and imagination of an entire planet!
Go Stargazing aim to do something similar by inspiring a group of young astronomers and wannabe astronauts at this small, intimate event at a lovely village hall location just outside of Darlington!
- Indoor planetarium screenings of “CAPCOM GO! The Apollo Story”
- Virtual reality rocket launch experience
- Family friendly astronomy talks, presentations, arts & crafts
- Re-live Neil Armstrong’s first step with original footage from 1969!
- Introduction to telescopes and telescope clinic
- Stargazing and see the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter through large telescopes
- View the Sun using special solar telescopes
- Observe bright passes of the International Space Station
- Make and launch your own rocket in the bottle rocket competition