The nominations are now open for the first ever #LoveDarlo awards, which aims to recognise and reward businesses in the town.
The event, which will be held on Sunday, November 17th, 2019 at the Darlington Hippodrome, will celebrate the retailers, bars, restaurants, market traders, cafes and leisure venues who play a vital role in making Darlington a venue of choice for shopping, socialising and having fun.
There are 12 award categories to choose from and businesses in the town centre are encouraged to put themselves forward for as many categories as they can.
The submitted application forms will be assessed by Darlington Business Club, who will determine the category shortlist and the eventual winner.
Tickets for the event will be free of charge for businesses and will give all attending the opportunity to celebrate the very best of what Darlington has to offer.
The award categories are as follows:
- Customer Service Team of the Year (sponsored by Queen Street Shopping Centre)
- Independent & Specialist Retailer of the Year (sponsored by tgi MEDIA)
- National Retailer of the Year (sponsored by the Cornmill Shopping Centre)
- Best Bar (sponsored by Barker Proudlove)
- Hair, Beauty and Health Retailer of the Year (sponsored by Latimer Hinks)
- Best Café (sponsored by HC One)
- Best Restaurant (sponsored by Angel HR)
- Professional/Service Industry of the Year (sponsored by Mercure)
- Market Trader of the Year (sponsored by Arriva)
- Leisure and Arts Venue of the Year (sponsored by Market Asset Management)
- Shooting Star of the Year (sponsored by DL1)
- Fashion Retailer of the Year (sponsored by Al Forno)
Other sponsors of the #LoveDarlo Awards include Darlington Borough Council, Darlington Business Club, The Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs, Darlington Cares and the drink reception will be sponsored by Masons Gin.
Councillor Alan Marshall, the cabinet member for Economy and Regeneration, said: “I would encourage as many of our businesses as possible to put themselves forward for one or more of the awards on offer.
“An event such as this is a great way to celebrate all of the top class businesses we have here in Darlington and I hope as many people as possible get involved in making the first #LoveDarlo awards ceremony a huge success.”
Susan Young, manager of the Cornmill Shopping Centre said: “We are really excited to be getting behind this event and sponsoring an award and think it’s a fantastic way to celebrate everything our town has to offer as well as helping to put Darlington on the map as a town of choice for shopping and socialising.”
For more information or to nominate your business, visit the Enjoy Darlington website. Nominations close on Thursday, August 8th, 2019.
Source: Darlington Borough Council